Landen's soccer team participated in the Cedar City games this past weekend. It was going to be a little family getaway, but ended up just being me and the boy...and it was AwEsOmE. Landen's growing up so fast and I won't have many opportunities to hang out with just him. We had a GRAND time--our hotel was lovely and cool, I took a nap every day, read my book, Landen played on the Wii (we brought from home) and we had nice visits with the families we went to dinner with.
We got there Wednesday, checked into our room and settled--Landen had to have the Wii set up right away, I took a nap (cause the 3.5hr drive was exhausting), got cleaned up and headed to field. The boys tied 2-2.
Thursday the team had a only a 9:30am game, which they WON! So we had the rest of the day to chill and relax. We headed back to our room and I literally did not get off the bed for about 3-4 hrs! I finished my book and took another nap! Then we decided we needed to do something!! Some boys headed over to the aquatics center...
the we went to dinner at Pizza Factory--the boys sat in the corner booth playing on their phones. Then bowling! No photo of bowling but the boys squeezed in on the little carousel.
The team (most of the boys and a girl)
The team played awesome and it was fun to watch. We have the BEST parents/families stretching our whole sideline who are always there to support.
And...they took 2nd-silver. The final game was tough...they were exhausted...it was their 5th game in 2 1/2 days.
It was a nice weekend to getaway, recharge and relax. I was definitely ready to go home Saturday afternoon and see Megan and My Hubby.
And then 6am Monday...the kiddo took off for Scout Camp at Bear Lake until Saturday. Ugh...he's growing up so fast (he was not happy about having to take a picture--cheesiest grin ever).
Love my boy, Landen. He's growing up so fast. I'm so proud of him and who he is. His 14th birthday is next week...so I'll wait until then to do a post all about him.






No comments:
Post a Comment