I got what I asked for this year for Mother's Day...2 trees for my front porch, a nap, and a quiet/low key dinner! I was even surprised to receive sweet and thoughtful gifts from our adult kids--a bottle of my favorite lotion, a GC for a pedi and a bouquet of sunflowers!
The quiet/low dinner included my parents--so it was perfect...I got them all to myself! My Hubby grilled and smoked chicken. My mom made twice baked potatoes and a yummy white cake with white frosting. And all I did was cut up watermelon, take the salad out of a bag, and put Rhodes roll in a pan to raise (while I napped) and then baked 'em. Delish!!
More often than not, when we're out together people think we're sisters. My Mom certainly looks young for her age, which is lucky for me (although most think I'm younger than I really am, too)...so I hope I look as young as she looks when I'm her age.
We have lots of fun together--shopping, lunches and (my new love) riding horses.
She's very supportive of me and my family. She always makes sure to be there for games, special occasions and always willing to help and be a part of it all.
I Love You Mom!
Thanks for spending your Mother's Day with me!!

No comments:
Post a Comment