A couple weeks ago as I was scimming through my Pinterest boards and decided I REALLY, I mean REALLY needed to finally make some of these recipes. The past week or so I have made some I wanted to share...So, this link up was perrrrrrrrrrrrrfect!
My family definitely doesn't complain about what I cook--I can whip up some pretty good meals that I've been using for years. Though I've been trying to branch out a little and make something new...only a couple of these have been requested again. Some definitely were not as tasty as the pictures made the food look.
these were yummy, the batter was almost better. As I was mixing though, I sensed something was missing...something small, round and chocolate...yep...chocolate chips! It was step one to get my kids to eat them by adding chocolate. But, I got 'em--hook, line and sinker--when I added cream cheese frosting. My first batch made 12 (in my handy dandy Pampered Chef muffin pan), but not enough for another big batch, so I made baby ones (in my handy dandy Pampered Chef tart pan). They are the perfect bite size little things!
my family thought it was OK, but it seemed to be lacking something. Maybe a little more flavor/spices.
sadly, you'd have to pay my kids a million dollars to eat it again. First, way too much butter--really no need (BUT...I was staying true to the recipe). Second, we didn't like the sour cream/cottage cheese/cream cheese mixture--way to much (BUT again, I was staying true to the recipe). No one would eat the left overs (and we are definitely a left over eating family). I've been asked to stick to MY lasagna.
you definitely don't want to be counting calories when you sit down to eat this one. My Hubby thought it was okay, very salty.
We made Cheesy Chicken Spagetti
again this past Tuesday night...and it was SUPER YUMMY!! The kids asked for it for breakfast on Wednesday. (which reminds me...I better HIDE the leftovers I put in the refrigerator so I can have some...probably the veggie drawer...they'll NEVER find it there--he he).
Over the next week or so, I'll be making these 3 recipes.
Check back here for my report!
*photos not by me, copy taken from website of recipe


5 comments:
Found this on the link up... I made pumpkin muffins too! And added chocolate chips! :)
Hey girll! these look great...I love pumpkin anything. Thank you so much for linking up with us!
Stopping by from the linkup! Great post! I like how you reviewed each one! Super helpful!!
You go girl!! All these new recipes?! As for the leftovers your family doesn't want...feel free to stick 'em in the mail! I LOVE me some leftovers lol. ;)
Thanks so much for linking up with us! See ya next week for round 2 of Saw it. Pinned it. Did it. Yes?! xoxo
Oh wow these look super yummy (all of them) can't wait to see what else you cook!
Post a Comment