August 29, 2011

Landen is in 8th grade this year-OMG!! He jumped right out of bed when his alarm went off (day two...not so ambitious). He has a good schedule with GrEaT teachers, good friends to eat with at lunch, and can get his locker combo the first try! We did the typical first day of school photos and then watched him ride away on his bike. I was doing all right/holding it together until Megan hollered "by Lanen (w/out the "d"), have a great day, I love you and then she started to cry and said she missed him (then I got teary). I look forward to his calls everyday at 2:45 for the school day update!
 Megan's first day of pre-k was a success!! she posed like this all on her own...and she's got her sassy attitude to boot.  Megan was more worried about leaving the other kids behind and she reassured them she'd be right back. I went with our sitter to take/pick-up on her first day. The procedure at the school is "pull up to the curb, teacher opens the car door, your kiddo jumps out and runs to waiting class"...and with that...Megan was OUT the car door and running. She was so very excited, had a great day and loved it! There was no "blubbering" on my part...but I might have gotten teary.

2 comments:

Laura said...

yay! love these back to school pictures! so glad your babies had great days!!!!

Lisa said...

Did you just "unprivatize" or something?? Suddenly your last 3 or 4 posts showed up on my feed. Megan is so sassy. I love her pose.