December 5, 2009

We had a Holiday Reindeer Party at work for the folks I work with. My boss' family raises actual reindeer and brings them over for them to reside at a well known place here in Utah for the holiday season. The reindeer were beautiful and amazing. Apparently, they only bring over the best looking ones, that still have antlers. The reindeer left at home had either broken ones or they had fallen off. While we watched these beautiful creatures get unloaded from their trailer and check out their new holding place we kept hearing a "clicking" sound. We learned the reason for "up on the house tops click, click, click"...it was their ankles. WOW!!

L was a HUGE helper and helped me set up the arena for Santa, our singing entertainer, hot chocolate and donuts. It was ABS.O.LU.TLY FrEeZiNg and he stuck it out the whole time. At the end of the night when someone handed me a pair of gloves I gave a funny look as to "why are you handing me these"...I found out L had given them to our entertainer because he didn't have any and his hands were freezing. I got a little choked up. He did it all by himself.
M loved the reindeer and Santa. She was totally giddy and excited...and totally freezing, too.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Laura Burtis said...

What a cute family picture!
That story about L is so sweet! What a good kid! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Anonymous said...

What a great son! I always love it when my kids do something that I wasn't expecting.

Laura said...

What a fun time. Landon is such a good kid...he must have great parents teaching him what really matter. :) Good job mom!

Don, Windy, and Bode said...

Looks like you had fun. Your kids are so cute. Ditto to what Laura said about your kids. I love teaching Landon he is a great kid.

Don, Windy, and Bode said...
This comment has been removed by the author.