Our Thanksgiving Day started out going by going "shooting" with some friends. Not for a turkey for our dinner, but just some good 'ol fun. I've never been shooting before, nor have I E.V.E.R. held a gun. So this was a new experience for me (and Megan in tote); I was going to shoot for my first time. I watched the guys all shoot and was especially impressed with Ls maturity and responsibility. I was very proud of him. M loved being with "all the guys" but wasn't too crazy about the noise of the shots. She started out wearing her ear protection but it soon was worn by the guys who came unprepared. M was very happy in the back of the Suburban organizing and playing with the bullet casings.
It was quite a rush shooting a "Glock 23"...whatever the heck that means...it's a black gun for all I can remember; the "22 caliber rifle" was pretty easy.
The best part was that it was...just some "good 'ol family fun" being together.

We didn't wake up "crack of dawn/middle of the night" to go shopping, but did head out too see the remains of the destruction the next morning around 10am and still wound up with some great deals on what we were looking for.
2 comments:
How fun. When I was younger we went out a couple of time to shoot Granpa's guns. Then once in college we went out with a bunch of boys and I hit almost every clay pigeon they threw out for me. Just call me Annie Oakley if you want. :)
What a fun Thanksgiving family activity! Seriously, that looks like everyone had a blast!
Post a Comment